CMSC NICU Team Members
The CSMC NICU medical team consists of:
- Neonatologists: Pediatricians specializing in the care of sick or premature babies.
- Neonatal Fellows: Pediatricians receiving further training in neonatology.
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioners: Experienced nurses with a master’s degree training in neonatology.
- Pediatric Residents: Medical doctors, training in pediatrics.
The medical staff is organized into two teams:
Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Baby remains with designated team throughout time in NICU.
- Staffing within team changes every two to four weeks.
- Currently, the rotation duration is three weeks.
- Weekend/night coverage by cross-cover medical staff.