Fast Facts
  • There are 7,500 children born annual at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Of those, approximately 10% or 750 spend time in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

  • The infants born in the maternity ward at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center comprise 80% of the babies cared for in the NICU. The remaining 20% are babies that arrive at CSMC through the transport program.

  • Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's NICU is classified as a level 3C neonatal intensive care unit, which is the highest grading possible, based on sophistication of services. As a level 3C facility, CSMC NICU can perform the most complex of surgeries, such as open heart surgery.

  • Of the NICUs throughout the United States, only 20% are rated as Level 3C facilities.

  • Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's NICU trains more neonatal fellows than any other NICU in the country.

  • The NICU at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is known for hearing and sight preservation in their treatment of premature infants.

ALL MATERIAL © 2009 GOOD BEGINNINGS/CEDARS-SINAI MEDICAL CENTER. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.